Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hub resistance

Today I was pedaling the bike and realized something – I didn’t notice the hub resistance created by the electric motor.

It’s not that it’s gone away, it’s just that I’ve become accustomed to it. It’s kind of like when I switched from a road bike to a mountain bike. At first the mountain bike seemed sluggish with those big fat tires creating lots of rolling resistance. Then, after awhile, I forgot about it.

FULL THROTTLE – After a little pedaling to get the blood pumping, I went full throttle today with the electric motor. There was no reason to conserve power, being that I only had one trip to make.

OBSERVATION - At full throttle, I was able to conduct my business in town faster than I could in my car. Why? Because I can use pedestrian/bicycle trails and I have more options available when figuring out my route. I don’t have to park a car and I can ride right up to the post office door. Heck, if nobody is looking, I can even ride in and out of the post office.

HELMET HEAD – I seem to have a permanent case of “helmet head,” despite getting a short haircut this week. Oh well. The hairline is receeding and I never had a fanciful mane to begin with.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Jack Durham said...

Thanks for the tip.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Elmo said...

Electric Bicycles and Electric Scooters

Elmo The Electric Bike and Electric Scooter Guy

This is an excellent blog for electric bicycles. There are not too many around like this. Thanks for making this such an interesting subject. Oh, by the way, Wired Magazine has a great article on hybrid cars this month. (Jan 2008 issue).

God Bless,
Elmo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter