Friday, September 01, 2006

Weekly wrap 9.1.06

This week’s total mileage: 40 miles

This week’s mileage on e-bike: 35.5

This week’s mileage on regular bike: 4.5

Total mileage since July 10, 2006: 285.5

Total e-bike mileage since July 10, 2006: 281

Total regular bike mileage since July 10, 2006: 4.5

Gas savings this week: 3 gallons

Gallons saved since July 10, 2006: 20.2

Price of gas today: $3.16

Gas savings since July 10, 2006: $65.80

Notes: It’s been nearly two months since Public Works used the street sweeper on Central Avenue. The broken glass is piling up. There’s a particularly nasty pile of glass in the northbound bike lane at Central and Hiller. If it’s not cleaned up soon, I may have to do it myself.

I’m tired of dodging it and I fear that it’s only a matter of time before I forget and roll right through it. That could make for a very unhappy experience.

There’s also a large amount of broken windshield glass on the northbound bike lane in front of McKinleyville Middle School.

Early in the week I decided to use a “regular” bike to compare the experience. It’s a 10-speed road/commuter bike. Very nice, but not as nice as the e-bike. I guess I’m spoiled now.

That said, I’ll probably use the regular bike at least once on the weekend.

You may notice that I’ve added some different statistics for my “weekly wrap.” I needed to break out the regular bike mileage from the e-bike mileage. If something goes wrong the electric contraption, I want it clearly documented how many miles I put on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter